How did we end up here? We've lived in Northern Illinois for 29 years. Way too long for this vegetarian! Thankfully, we're only 90 miles from Madison,WI.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My unfinished year

In my knitting world, 2008 is the year of unfinished projects. I have 3 sweaters started and abandoned.


I have 2 other sweaters where I have no more yarn to finish the sleeves.


Then there are 2 scarves that are waiting for more yarn to be purchased so they can be completed.


On Sunday I cast on for Clapotis #3. I'm pretty sure I'll run out of the Malabrigo Silky. I only have 4 skeins and I'm just about ready to join the third skein.


I'm not one to make a long list of resolutions but I'd like to finish up all these projects in the first part of the new year. For a couple of these, "finishing" may mean ripping them out and starting over with a new plan for that particular yarn. This time maybe I'll plan better for the yardage I actually have.

I took a picture this morning that is truly priceless. Nothing is more peaceful than seeing my eldest child relaxing under the Christmas tree with his dog.


I hope everyone has a Happy New Year!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Katherine said...

In your scarf picture, is the blue one on the left in a pattern similar to Koolhaas? Because if it is, I'm totally stealing it.

11:40 AM

 
Blogger Anna said...

The scarf is the Prismatic Scarf pattern and it's an easy slip stitch pattern with icord edges to prevent curling. I love it so much I ripped a year old knitted up hat to reuse the yarn for this scarf. The Malabrigo also make this scarf fabulous!

12:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home