How did we end up here? We've lived in Northern Illinois for 29 years. Way too long for this vegetarian! Thankfully, we're only 90 miles from Madison,WI.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Our Weekend in Chicago

This past weekend we headed to Chicago. My Aunt was in town for a few days to attend a conference so it was a nice way to catch up and hit some great sites at the same time.
Walking from the train station we came across a few congratulatory signs.


We stayed Saturday night in a hotel located on the magnificent mile. Our room was on the 34th floor with a great view of the city and Lake Michigan. It was a fantastic spot to sit, knit, and start a new project.


We stopped by Macy's Christmas windows and the grand tree in the Walnut Room on our trek to Loopy Yarns.

I didn't realize how long of a walk it would be and ended up missing our intended train back to the burbs. I enjoyed seeing and touching the new Malabrigo sock yarn. They also claim to have every color of Cascade 220. It's so pretty I stood in front of the cubbies for a picture.


Late Sunday night, on our way back to the train station, the snow started falling and capped off a great weekend visit to the city.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

were you in Loopy on sunday? If so then Kristy (blonde) was working! yay!

i love those obama banners too!

10:04 PM

 
Blogger CassieMarie said...

Yay for loopy yarns! I have yet to convince my hubby that it is worth the walk from the metra, so you've got one up on me! hahah
Also, your picture on the windowsill reminded me of my picture here:
http://theadventuresofcassie.blogspot.com/2008/03/good-news.html
My knitting was sitting right to my left, but you cant see it in the picture.

6:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home