How did we end up here? We've lived in Northern Illinois for 29 years. Way too long for this vegetarian! Thankfully, we're only 90 miles from Madison,WI.

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

What the

...heck was I thinking when I picked out the Aeolian Shawl pattern?

Was it the 2200 beads that needed to be individually placed throughout the entire project?
Was it the keeping track of which one of the 6 charts I was on while also working on a completely different charted "mystery shawl" project?

I knit on this shawl over 2 months without ever considering how huge this project was becoming. It never dawned on me that I had knit all 1300 yards of sock weight yarn until I was binding off yesterday.

I didn't even have a space with no dogs, no kids, no husband that I could block it out properly last night.

Here she is....my Aeolian Shawl.



It is about 8 feet of wingspan and has a length at the center back of 4 feet. It is the largest project I have ever knit. Not so sure if this is even wearable.


Oh well, it did keep me occupied for all of July and August. I already wound yarn today to start another shawl. Seriously! Eldest son says my shawls are perfect if I was an old woman. He hates it when I wear them out of the house. With all the shawls lying around the house I really wish I liked knitting socks. They would be so much easier to store.

2 Comments:

Blogger SwissKnits! said...

You are too funny!!!!!
I know what you mean though. I LOVE knitting Pi Shawls. So fun, easy, mindless, relaxing... and, to be fair, the weather lately is not shawl worthy... but I'm not sure if I will wear them much out of the house... but I will wear them around the house for sure...

Your shawl is STUNNING!!!!!! you could always scrunch it up so that it looks more like a scarf... or try the much smaller triangle shawls.... ORRRRRRR make friends with someone who loves to wear shawls that will knit socks for you for an exchange!!!

Can't wait to see what comes next!!

8:20 PM

 
Blogger theredqueen said...

OMG - that shawl is GORGEOUS!!!!! You are an amazingly talented woman!

9:04 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home