How did we end up here? We've lived in Northern Illinois for 29 years. Way too long for this vegetarian! Thankfully, we're only 90 miles from Madison,WI.

Sunday, March 18, 2007

In like a lion....

13 years! For most people this would be a time for celebrating. I keep repeating 13 years thinking -we aren't supposed to still be here. We(husband and I) thought we'd move around, see and experience many different cities before settling down, raising kids, buying a house. It didn't help that I took myself out of the full time work force five years ago to focus on the children. This past week I beat myself up over the "grass is greener" kvetching. So yep, I need to start focusing on the many blessings currently in my life and quit obsessing over where I'd thought I'd be by this year. I'm sure my wanting move to a warmer, coastal location has a lot to do with this blasted cold weather. Anyway....
I finally finished one Jaywalker sock and casted on for it's partner.

I have officially started calling this pair the "gestational" socks. It's taken me 9 months to get this far.
Also last week I finished up another pair of felted clogs for my husband. He says they're very warm and comfy and he loves them.

I've been very Slooowly working on seaming up my Cardigan for Arwen. I feel as though I'm stuck in mattress stitch hell at this point in the project. I'm determined not to shove it aside though as I fear it may never be completed if I put it away now.
It's a day late but I hope everyone celebrated in their own "Irish" way yesterday. The eldest bought a book titled Backyard Ballistics Thursday. Yesterday we launched about 5 pounds of spuds through a potato cannon that he put together. I think I had more fun watching the potatoes fly. This counts as science right?

1 Comments:

Blogger mc78 said...

So jealous that you've finished your felted clogs. They look great!

5:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home