How did we end up here? We've lived in Northern Illinois for 29 years. Way too long for this vegetarian! Thankfully, we're only 90 miles from Madison,WI.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Are you crazy?

Why yes, yes I am. I booked a train trip yesterday for the kids and I to visit Grandma and Grandpa. It's a 2600 mile round trip extravaganza aboard the Texas Eagle. This is the third year my Dad has journeyed down to his birthplace, Corpus Christi,Texas to spend almost 4 months escaping the Midwestern Winters. He's wanted us to come visit for the past two years but I kept putting it off using the "kid's are in school" excuse each year. Seeing that I couldn't use that excuse this year the kids really wanted to go. I would love to spend time with my Dad too but Texas isn't on the top of my travel destination list. The three of us can travel for what it would cost for one person's airfare so train travel is the affordable alternative.

The following is for the kid's amusement as they have been asking how many more days till we leave about a hundred times today! I love my kids dearly but sometimes my patience runs out before the day does.





And they keep bugging me about how long it will be until they see Grandma in California so this is for their amusement as well.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home