How did we end up here? We've lived in Northern Illinois for 29 years. Way too long for this vegetarian! Thankfully, we're only 90 miles from Madison,WI.

Friday, March 02, 2007

Spring Break

When I went to my first home school conference in 2006 both my kids were in the public school system. I really wanted to start out home schooling not totally lost and thought this would help me organize my plan for this year. It pretty much confused me even more and thought I probably wouldn't go back this year. Why didn't I listen to myself? How fun it would be to involve all the family, now home schooling pretty successfully the last 9 months. What the heck was I thinking? Last weekend we attended another home school conference. We were surrounded by the ruddest, pushiest, obnoxious people I've ever been around. And we paid to do this! The seminars for the adults were poorly put together by unprepared speakers trying to sell you their latest "inventions"(books, programs, etc). The kids loved their sessions though. It was one big art/music/science/math extravaganza for them. Will we do it again? I'll answer the way my Dad always did when I was a kid, "we'll see." (This always meant NO!)
On Monday morning with just a day of rest from the convention the kids and I headed on an Amtrak train to San Antonio,Texas. It took us 33 hours of constant rocking motion to get there but we made it. It gave me time to break out a couple of sock knitting projects I've stashed away. It's been a good 8 months since I've seen the Jaywalkers. I may have a complete sock before I get home. Not a pair but it's a step toward completing this forgotten project.
We spent a day in San Antonio before heading to the shore at Port Aransas,Texas. The weather has been sunny and in the 70's so we're loving the break from Illinois. We go to sleep to the sound of crashing waves. We walk to the beach everyday. What more could you want on a spring break?

1 Comments:

Blogger Katherine said...

I'm so jealous of you. It's 25 degrees here right now and gloomy. Bring some sunshine back with you when you come home, will you? Thanks.

10:29 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home