How did we end up here? We've lived in Northern Illinois for 29 years. Way too long for this vegetarian! Thankfully, we're only 90 miles from Madison,WI.

Thursday, January 03, 2008

A couple of Projects

Sometimes I forget Ravelry isn't open to everyone and I post finished projects and details over there. Here's a couple projects I've been working on.
On Saturday I finished up my Malabrigo clapotis. I love it. When I left off on this project back in October I thought I would rip it and start another project with it. I'm glad I finished it because it turned out beautiful. After blocking it on Sunday it's almost 5 feet long and still squishy and warm.


If you're thinking of trying out this pattern don't choose a clingy merino wool as your yarn. This project would have been sooooo much easier with a silk/wool blend or another yarn that easily drops stitches.

I started a cabled project last week so I could try out my new beautiful harmony needles and cable needles. I started the celtic tote from the winter Interweave Knits magazine. Here's the back panel and part of the front panel...


I LOVE the cables! This is working up a lot smaller than I thought. I still have to felt it so this one may turn out to be clutch size when I complete it.

What are you working on now that holiday frenzied knitting is over?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home