How did we end up here? We've lived in Northern Illinois for 29 years. Way too long for this vegetarian! Thankfully, we're only 90 miles from Madison,WI.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Midweek Update

I finished knitting up my husband's birthday gifts Monday afternoon. This was close seeing that his birthday was yesterday! I don't know how all of you holiday knitters stay sane trying to knit up gifts for Christmas and/or Hanukkah. I realized right after I took up knitting almost 2 years ago that the only people truly appreciative of hand knitted gifts are knitters. They realize the time involved in a hand knit project. Still, I manage to forget this fact especially when the weather turns colder.
In other "news", I was contacted this week by a local Illinois Yarn shop,Chix with Stix. They ordered some of my sock bags to carry in their store. This is very cool! I hope to head over in a couple of weeks to check out the shop. If you are on Ravelry-check out the ChixWithStix group over there too.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved!!! my birthday gifts.
-DH

12:10 PM

 
Blogger Heather said...

Omg, congratulations!!! Good for you, Anna! Your bags really rock...and they're beginning to turn me into a collector. I've really begun to enjoy having a bag for every project on the needles, and I think I need more...

And yes, holiday knitting IS craziness. That's why I started in freaking August. Still craziness, though.

1:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home