How did we end up here? We've lived in Northern Illinois for 29 years. Way too long for this vegetarian! Thankfully, we're only 90 miles from Madison,WI.

Friday, October 03, 2008

My future goat herd.

Do you care about the impact you're making on the Earth's resources but fell asleep watching An Inconvenient Truth? I just may have a book that will get you thinking how you can reduce your carbon footprint and laugh along with the author at the same time. My husband and I really enjoyed Doug Fine's book, Farewell, My Subaru: An Epic Adventure in Local Living.
Both my husband and I are city dwellers and after reading his book we'd like to smuggle a couple of goats into our backyard shed, rig up some solar panels on our house, and fill in our pool to have a huge garden. Ok I would like to fill in the pool not the husband but that's just my practical side kicking in.
Doug Fine has a blog with updates on how his experiment on local living is progressing. Check it out, it just may have you converting your Ridiculously Oversized American Truck(R.O.A.T.) to vegetable oil too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home