How did we end up here? We've lived in Northern Illinois for 29 years. Way too long for this vegetarian! Thankfully, we're only 90 miles from Madison,WI.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Back on the farm

You can take the girl off the farm but you can't take the farm out of the girl.
I've been following a local CSA farm online for a couple of years. We recently watched a DVD of the history of this farm and it convinced me to go visit. On Saturday I took the family to an open house to visit the goats


and chickens.


My kids had fun collecting eggs and seeing happy baby goats. I'm headed back to this farm next month to take a "class" at their learning center with a friend of mine who now lives on a farmette.
For now I only have one furry head to spoil. Our dog,Baxter turns a year old this month. We couldn't decide on a specific date for a birthday so April is birthday month for crazy pup.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home