How did we end up here? We've lived in Northern Illinois for 29 years. Way too long for this vegetarian! Thankfully, we're only 90 miles from Madison,WI.

Friday, December 09, 2005

But Mom!!

This is what I'm hearing from my kids today after a beautiful snowfall overnight. The 3rd grader was certain school would have to be closed. There's a huge sledding hill that's calling his name and that would be so much more fun than sitting at a desk all day in school. The 4 year old came down with a bad chest cold which turned into pnemonia a couple of days ago. His begging to go outside to help me shovel was a good try but didn't work.
I've been trying to complete some of the many projects on my knit and crochet list.
I finished two hats to go with previously posted scarves.



I made a knit chenille scarf that my son loves to wear but I didn't like the way it looked when it was finished. I still had 2 skeins to use up so I decided to crochet a scarf and hat set. I crocheted the scarf lengthwise and I like the look of it. The hat was a simple single crochet in a round and I finished it in about an hour. As easy as it was to whip up I'm glad to be rid of the chenille. Kathy knows my happiness.



Have a great weekend. "16 days left"

1 Comments:

Blogger Katherine said...

Seriously, I know what chenille does to a person. Makes 'em crazy. Crazy like the fox.

8:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home