How did we end up here? We've lived in Northern Illinois for 29 years. Way too long for this vegetarian! Thankfully, we're only 90 miles from Madison,WI.

Friday, March 14, 2008

A finished project?

I finished my cabled sweater last night. You read it correctly-I FINISHED a project. It took me a good hour to sew up all the seams but now that it's done I love it.



The pattern: Big Sack Sweater from Stitch 'N Bitch: The Knitter's Handbook
by Debbie Stoller

Size: Small
Needles: KP Harmony Options Needles, US 8/5.0 mm and US 10½/6.5 mm
Yarn: Cascade Eco +
How much: 2 skeins(956.0 yards), I purchased this yarn from a fellow Ravelry member and the yardage was fantastic. I'll probably have to wear a shirt under it but I'm a bit sensitive when it comes to the "scratchiness" factor.

I received my Patons Street Smart booklet in the mail today. I know I should finish up another WIP(like my husband's sweater) but this is calling me. I think I'm going to scrap plans for the yarn I bought for the Drops sweater and start the Must Have Cardigan instead.


There's lots more "stuff" going on in my personal life right now but knitting is much happier and positive to share with you all. I hope everyone has a great St Patrick's Day weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Yarn Tails said...

Your sweater came out great. Love the new pattern you got.

Hope you have a great weekend and things get better for ya!

9:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home