How did we end up here? We've lived in Northern Illinois for 29 years. Way too long for this vegetarian! Thankfully, we're only 90 miles from Madison,WI.

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Magknits Surprise

Even at my old age I end up learning lessons the hard way. Magknits, one of the websites I have looked forward to checking regularly has decided to shut down. If only I had saved or printed out all these patterns and not assumed they would be available forever. Darn it!
So I'm not going to assume my other favorite site Ravelry will be here forever without donations. If you're already a user think about donating this month through RavelRaiser ‘08. You can take part here but you’ll have to be a Ravelry member to get there. There's tons of wonderful raffle prizes to be given away May 2. You get 1 raffle entry per $10 donation.
Thankfully lots of the designers from Magknits are uploading their patterns for free pdf downloads through Ravelry. What would my knitting life be without the internet?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home