How did we end up here? We've lived in Northern Illinois for 29 years. Way too long for this vegetarian! Thankfully, we're only 90 miles from Madison,WI.

Friday, April 04, 2008

So much to do, so little time

You may think the reason my posts are few and far between is because I haven't had anything to post about. No, my friends the reason I don't post often is due to lack of time. In my knitting life I usually get about 2 rows completed a day. With 8 projects in progress that means I haven't made progress on any of these. I've realized first hand about the "boyfriend" sweater. Husband asks several times a week if it's done yet. Let me see with the schooling, errands, several PT appointments per week, house work, and my Etsy shop-- NO YOUR FREAKIN' SWEATER ISN'T FINISHED!
Over on Ravelry, the Malabrigo junkies group declared March-Malabrigo March. I cast on a new pattern, Interlocking cable hat. I chose the Totuga colorway from Malabrigo and it worked up in a day.

It's so soft and warm around my ears and it's not a WIP. The ends are woven in and it's in use as I write this.
Have you noticed that right now we're in a GO GREEN phase. Our local library received a grant for several "green" programs. I attended a start to spin session from a local fiber arts studio established to promote Illinois-produced fiber. I brought home a spindle and 4 oz of roving from the Illinois Green Pastures Fiber Co-Op. Sweet!!!
Today I received a new book that will hopefully help me turn my "very unique" hand spun yarn into not so "unique" yarn that I can actually knit up.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"NO YOUR FREAKIN' SWEATER ISN'T FINISHED!" Funny how other projects started afterwards got finished though. Feel the love :(

1:09 PM

 
Blogger Anna said...

Dear anonymous,
If I had the yarn for the sleeves I would so work on your lovely sweater.

2:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home