How did we end up here? We've lived in Northern Illinois for 29 years. Way too long for this vegetarian! Thankfully, we're only 90 miles from Madison,WI.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Like a box of chocolates

When my parents come into town I never know what to expect. We did more activities in four days than we've done in the past four months.
Friday we visited a corn maze. It was a sunny and warm day that felt more like summer than fall. The kids thought it was super easy to navigate. Without them I would most likely still be looking for my way out.

The landscape out in the cornfields is changing very fast. On the other side of the orchard are a couple of the proposed 133 wind turbines being installed over the next few weeks. I have seen these from afar before but wow when you get close to them, they are huge. Did you know each blade weighs over 14,000 pounds!

On Saturday I took my parents and my teenager to see Jersey Boys in Chicago.


On Monday the kids and I headed back into Chicago to accompany my Dad on the Chicago Architecture River Cruise. It was a typical grey Chicago day but we learned alot about architecture and the view of Chicago from the river was spectacular.

Of course my youngest was very happy to visit the Lego store on Michigan Ave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home