How did we end up here? We've lived in Northern Illinois for 29 years. Way too long for this vegetarian! Thankfully, we're only 90 miles from Madison,WI.

Friday, January 13, 2006

Brighten my day.

In these parts, people are always commenting on the weather. Yesterday was a beautiful day here. It felt like March with a bright sun and 50 degrees. Bam, it's back to freezing with rain, sleet, and snow today. How does one escape the diagnosis of SAD or manic depression living in a climate like this? Crocheting in bright summery colors my blog friend.



Plus I can finish this kind of a project in about an hour unlike the not so speedy knitting projects.
I have spent hours completing over 100 rows on the cable scarf and have 18" done. I want it to be at least 5 foot long, if not longer.



I have a much greater appreciation of all garments hand knitted.
Have a great weekend. GO BEARS!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

That cable scarf is GORGEOUS! I live in envy.

8:59 AM

 
Blogger Katherine said...

Some call it weather-mongering. Sometimes it's fun to determine the number of different types of weather we can have in just one day. Check out Leaning Into the Wind: A Memoir of Midwestern Weaterh. It's good fun & familiar stuff.

The cables look fantastic. You rule.

So do the Bears. Will you be watching at home? I'll be at The Annex if you want to swing by.

PS: just to make this longer, my word verification word today is "yurvs." I love it.

4:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home