How did we end up here? We've lived in Northern Illinois for 29 years. Way too long for this vegetarian! Thankfully, we're only 90 miles from Madison,WI.

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Trying out some cables.

I came across what seemed to be a simple enough pattern to tackle for a cable scarf. Granted I have only recently understood the basic concepts of casting on, knitting, and purling. Feeling the inspiration of a brand new year I figured I could do this, no problem. I tried to start this pattern about 6 times and felt like giving up. Thanks to Kathy, knitting/crocheting mentor she was able to explain through email what the heck C6B and C6F meant so I started the project again. Here is what I accomplished last night and it looks like the picture on the pattern so I must be doing it correctly. This is 25 rows. Right now I'm using scrap yarn because after the first attempts I had my doubts that it would really turn out. I received an email yesterday from knitpicks.com advertising their Andean Silk which I think would be great for this pattern.


1 Comments:

Blogger Katherine said...

Woooooohooooo! It looks great!

And mentor? Maybe keeper of reference materials (knit/crochet librarian?).

heehee!

11:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home