How did we end up here? We've lived in Northern Illinois for 29 years. Way too long for this vegetarian! Thankfully, we're only 90 miles from Madison,WI.

Friday, January 20, 2006

Rib it.

Actually the newest knitting project attempt is called Classic Stripes.

It states in the book Knit Scarves-"Easy stripes in a wide rib pattern." I was expecting easy but man I have problems with this one. I can't seem to join a new color without a long yarn from the other color getting in the way. The longer it gets the more it rolls so why should I bother fixing this problem anyway? Hopefully I can make the Monday sit-n-stitch and one of the knit masters can help me out.
After watching 4 episodes of Tivo'd Trading Spaces at one sitting I decided to redo my son's bedroom with his area carpet as inspiration.
Of course I have no helpers and $100 budget but that's life. Only after I brought the paint home did I realize his room is going to be red, white and blue. The name of the blue is "star spangled" no less. Hopefully I will finish it up within a week as I realized these kids have a lot of stuff in their bedroom and that stuff is invading every part of my upstairs.
Hope you all have a great weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Katherine said...

Can you throw in some yellow to make it a little less... patriot act? Good luck!

The scarf looks great from here. Bring it on Monday--I'm sure we can get you sorted.

And have you heard about the knitting olympics? You should totally join, you big knitter. You'd win all over the place.

8:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home