How did we end up here? We've lived in Northern Illinois for 29 years. Way too long for this vegetarian! Thankfully, we're only 90 miles from Madison,WI.

Friday, February 03, 2006

If the hat doesn't fit, you must not quit.

I've been a little distracted from the knitting projects this week after working 2 night shifts. I was determined to try knitting in the round. It took me about 4 cast ons but I think I figured it out. I found the pattern here. The yarn is from my scrap pile but as my oldest son observed, it looks like Gryffindor colors. I think it's more USC colors but that's my California longing kicking in.

I finished it up last night.

Lesson learned:
1. Don't attempt to make a wearable item from a pattern without a gauge listed.
That's ok though. I was able to practice DPN knitting, increases, and decreases and I have another item to donate to charity.
I signed up with the Sexy Knitters Club yesterday. They only have a month left to their first project,Picovoli but I may order yarn for it and try my hand at my first shirt.

2 Comments:

Blogger Katherine said...

You freaking rule, you know that? You are my knitting hero.

11:07 AM

 
Blogger Heather said...

Oh yeah...very cool, and very Gryffindor. ;) I'm seriously thinking about that sexy knitters group...

Btw, my word today is lgpaesh. It sounds like I'm ordering something very big from India or Serbia or something.

10:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home