How did we end up here? We've lived in Northern Illinois for 29 years. Way too long for this vegetarian! Thankfully, we're only 90 miles from Madison,WI.

Monday, February 13, 2006

A map for my yarn habit.

This website I found is just what I need for my RV adventure. Check it out. It lists over 1100 yarn shops across the US. I'm so ready.

There is a convention for knitting and yarn addicts. Stitches Midwest 2006 (Aug-10 to Aug-13 in Rosemont, IL) This is the one closest to me, they have 3 more locations around the US too. I don't think the husband was impressed by this when I told him about it. I think it's fantastic. Vendors with yarns from around the world all in one place, how can I possibly pass this one up?

We headed into Chicago for the day today. It's great having a big city an hour away. We made our yearly trek to the Chicago Auto Show. It's cool to sit in the new cars and see the concept vehicles. The kids were entertained by crawling in and out of the cars. I picked up free tickets at the local Toyota dealer so that was a bonus. Then we headed over to the Shedd Aquarium. They were having their free admission day so that was great. It was so nice and quiet on the way home with two very tired boys from an awesome day of big city adventure.

2 Comments:

Blogger Katherine said...

That all sounds like a wonderful reason not to come to SnB.

Wanna carpool to Stitches Midwest? I'll be home from the honeymoon by then.

12:51 PM

 
Blogger Heather said...

Omg, I am So. Going. With. You.

Woohoo!!!!!

3:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home