How did we end up here? We've lived in Northern Illinois for 29 years. Way too long for this vegetarian! Thankfully, we're only 90 miles from Madison,WI.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Free Speech

It all started after I attended the ICHE Illinois State convention Thursday and Friday. They feel very strongly about a husband's duty to control his wife and children. When they stated the father's "job" was to determine what the children's future aspirations would be I tried stay as calm as possible before I got the heck out of there. I was worried I wouldn't get myself to attend any other workshops as this kicked off the convention. Oh brother! I was pretty picky about the following sessions I went into. There were a few writing workshops put on by the Institute for Excellence in Writing that were great. On Saturday I attended another homeschool conference in Joliet. Here the message was we, as parents and educators, need to provide as broad a course of study as possible. How are we to determine God's plan for them? Exactly! I stayed for the rest of this workshop. I really do appreciate how Americans are able to express their opinions. You just won't see me attending a pro-war rally or a Republican convention in the near future.
Now for the knitting project update:
I am currently suffering from second sock and second fingerless mitt syndrome. I finally invented a seamless fingerless mitt pattern that when completed fit my son to his specifications. "Mom, where's the other one?" That's what I've been asking myself about my socks I've been working on too. I'm sure I'll get back to them right after I start another project.

I'm considering joing the World Cup KAL.Cast on June 9th during the opening game and finish by the final match on July 9th. This may be the motivation I need to start and finish the Jaywalker socks I've been wanting to do for a few months.

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

anyone who can put the word BRAINFART together on their blog just HAS to come and play in the knitting world cup! you are too funny!
YM

2:04 PM

 
Blogger Katherine said...

Control his wife and children? Must... not... break... computer!

Great work on the fingerless mitt. Our order should be in soon.

We missed you yesterday (Monday). There was a creepy man with a beer belly and undone belt at Borders... he sends his regards.

5:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home