How did we end up here? We've lived in Northern Illinois for 29 years. Way too long for this vegetarian! Thankfully, we're only 90 miles from Madison,WI.

Monday, June 05, 2006

Time Flies.

Wow, time flies when the pool season starts. The pool has crystal clear water and has reached temps in the 80's. The kids think it's great I think it's too damn much work. It is nice not to have to deal with the morons at the community pool. On the knitting front, it's been one big rip fest. I was working on a bathmat in a King Charles Brocade pattern. Nope not what I had in mind. After about 60 rows it's being ripped out tonight.

In the Crochet Pattern a Day calendar on May 22nd there was a pattern for a double crochet potholder. I must not be able to do a simple tunisian stitch correctly because my beginning rows don't look anything like the picture. Yep, it's going to be ripped out too.



All over knit blogs and knitcasts I've heard about the book Mason-Dixon Knitting. I looked through it over the weekend and loved the patterns. I'm going to try to turn these 2 ripped objects into the Log Cabin Bathmat, the Mason-Dixon Washcloth, and the Ball Band Dishcloth. They have a KAL and that may be helpful for my dyslexic patern reading skills.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home