How did we end up here? We've lived in Northern Illinois for 29 years. Way too long for this vegetarian! Thankfully, we're only 90 miles from Madison,WI.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Why did we leave again?

My husband brought home the Kiplinger's June 2006 newsletter today for me to look at. Kiplinger's Personal Finance magazine released their '50 Smart Places to Live' list. Ithaca is #8! Check out the review here.
We lived there for four years and I long to go back and raise my family there. Maybe I'll move back to get my D.V.M. Oh right, the little issue of finding a great paying job to support the family. I know DeKalb, IL will never make it on the 'smart places to live' list. At least we can go back to visit and encourage the kids to go to summer camp there so we can enjoy Ithaca's best season-summer.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi
I will be moving to DeKalb from Los Angeles for a job at NIU. How is life in that small college town, could you please tell? Thanks.
Hao

6:29 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home