How did we end up here? We've lived in Northern Illinois for 29 years. Way too long for this vegetarian! Thankfully, we're only 90 miles from Madison,WI.

Monday, September 18, 2006

The end of summer

Go Bears!!2-0. That's the way I like to see them start the football season. I have always hated the customization of cell phone rings. Well, that was until last week when I downloaded my first one. What is it you ask? The Monday night football theme song of course. It puts me in such a great mood when my phone rings now. I finally understand why everyone else has been customizing their own phones, it's so fun and anything that makes you happy to talk on the phone is well worth it.
We headed into Chicago Saturday to meet up with my Aunt who is in town on business. We started our day with a tour of the public library, all 9 floors of it. I held up the tour searching for a Bach concerto I've been wanting to get my hands on. The piece I wanted was lost or stolen, go figure. I was glad I finally took the time to go check it out.
Also in Chicago this weekend was the Celtic Festival in Grant Park. I didn't even realize this was held every year. We enjoyed some Irish singers and dancers while drinking a pint of brew. The art fest had some incredible aran knits. Man I'd like to learn to do this in the future.
We ended the night in front of Buckingham Fountain which we had never seen lit up. It was beautiful.


It was a great way to spend the last weekend of Summer 2006.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home