How did we end up here? We've lived in Northern Illinois for 29 years. Way too long for this vegetarian! Thankfully, we're only 90 miles from Madison,WI.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Super fan

Yes I am a superfan. You know those crazy people who paint themselves in team colors and dance/shout/annoy non-superfans. (I draw the line at the dead bear heads and skins, that's just gross.) Right after the game on Sunday, I was actually wondering whether Tank Johnson could travel out of state because of the whole gun charges/probation thing. Yes, I am a bit involved with the team's happenings this year. Yesterday I looked into going to Miami. I really did. The cheapest flight and hotel was $700 each. I'm not completely crazy(ignoring husband's thoughts on this statement) so I'll be stuck here in Illinois watching the game. I have given a two week notice to my husband that WHEN the Bears come back home with their Super Bowl trophy I'll be in Grant Park with the other crazy superfans. I'm ready for the ticker tape parade baby!!
On other news, I finished a project I started almost 2 years ago. I was impressed I remembered where it was and completed it.

It's a crocheted comfort pack from Crochet Me Magazine. It's on it's way to my sister as a birthday gift. I started another one as the kids really wanted to keep this one. They don't realize it could take me another two years to finish it.

I'm poking along on the Cardigan for Arwen. I have about half of it finished.

It looks kind of strange with the left front, left sleeve, and the left side of the hood in one piece. I'm not sure how I like it yet. The only modification so far is adding a couple of inches to the length as the picture in the magazine looked really short. I'm finding that I really have to pay attention to where I'm at in the pattern. I lost track of where I was during a phonics lesson with my youngest and had to rip back about 20 rows. I've been spoiled with simple garter/ribbed/stockinette patterns. I have a pair of socks to work on for the football games/swim lessons/taekwondo classes.

My blue and orange scarf and hat have been ready for months.

One more game to go. Go BEARS!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Okay, I'm dying to see your Arwen in person! It looks fabulous!!

And yeah, you football types are a strange breed. ;)

7:46 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home