How did we end up here? We've lived in Northern Illinois for 29 years. Way too long for this vegetarian! Thankfully, we're only 90 miles from Madison,WI.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007


I ventured over to the burbs last night to hear Stephanie Pearl-McPhee. It was fabulous. This was my first time seeing her in person and expected a little different setup. I figured she'd pull up a chair and knit while she spoke/answered questions etc. She was behind a podium for the "speech" part and read off her notes. She was still very funny. She is a big list person so she started with a list of things to worry about as a knitter. "Imagine what would happen if there was a wool blight. See that huge stash doesn't look so ridiculous now does it?" It was so cozy to be surrounded by other knitters who "get it". Everyone clicking away on their projects getting along with one another.
If it weren't for Kathy I would have been standing in the very back of the store probably unable to see the entire thing. She secured a seat for me in the front. Thank You very much Kathy. Kathy also presented her with a shirt from our town. Here is Stepanie's reaction to my explanation of what exactly Dekalb Genetics is all about.

I'm used to that look. Dekalb Genetics is the reason I'm here in Illinois. My husband gave me the same look when I announced 13 years ago that I accepted a job with this company and we'd be moving to Illinois.
If you are a knitter and are in a city where Stepanie is speaking go see her. The experience is something you won't forget.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home