How did we end up here? We've lived in Northern Illinois for 29 years. Way too long for this vegetarian! Thankfully, we're only 90 miles from Madison,WI.

Friday, April 11, 2008

Planning a Knitting Journey.

I listened to episode 62 of CastOn over a week ago. She suggested creating a journey for your knitting. How great it would be to have a huge chunk of traveling time dedicated to my knitting. Our road trips are usually not an opportunity for me to get any knitting done as I'm the chauffeur. Sure cross country airline trips are time efficient(usually about 4 hours from O'Hare). I'm never sure which part of my knitting bag will make it through security and airfares for a family of 4 would eat up most of our travel budget for the year. Today I booked a cross country Amtrak trip. It cost $188 per person round trip and the time schedule says it will take 44 hours. What a fantastic opportunity to cast on. I will have 4 days of knitting opportunity. I can't wait!

3 Comments:

Blogger Yarn Tails said...

Sounds like you will have lots of fun! Enjoy! Usually in our house I get hubby to drive to Rockford or DeKalb and I knit on the way there and back. ;)

5:50 AM

 
Blogger Kim said...

OOoh I'm intrigued about the Amtrak trip! Would you mind linking me to this info? I've looked before into a trip on Amtrak and found it cost-prohibitive. Thank you :)

11:28 PM

 
Anonymous Deck Contractors Daly City said...

Nicee blog

11:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home