How did we end up here? We've lived in Northern Illinois for 29 years. Way too long for this vegetarian! Thankfully, we're only 90 miles from Madison,WI.

Monday, May 12, 2008

We did it!

We completed another year of schooling at home. Friday was our official last day of this year and we celebrated with triple chocolate cake. Everything is better with cake!



In August they will start second and sixth grade curriculum. This year went so smoothly following a classical curriculum that I'm not changing much for Fall. I'm adding in Greek and Latin roots to boost our vocabulary. We're revisiting our US and World Geography books that we missed terribly this year. Even though we did mapping every week, it corresponded with our Ancient History which was still good but we missed learning about the other continents of the world.

They're excited for summer break which means they can read all day long without having to break to do "school work". The house is so quiet and I'm already enjoying my summer break. Today I started sewing up a special project(lots of sock knitting bags) for Jen from Wool Girl for her June sock Club participants.
I started a summer sweater,Green Gable, last week. I love top down, knit in the round sweaters. I've already tried it on and modified the stitch count twice and I'm not too far into the pattern.


Here in Illinois we're finally experiencing warmer temps and sunny days. It feels wonderful!

2 Comments:

Blogger Yarn Tails said...

Here is to wishing you a wonderful beginning to the summer! My kids still have this week and 3 days next week. Then I am finding a new home! ;) Maybe I will stay in France when I get there and not come back. LOL Beautiful start to your sweater.

10:29 PM

 
Blogger Christine said...

Congrats on finishing another year! We've still got 2 and a half weeks left. Hope to see you at the end of year picnic!

10:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home