How did we end up here? We've lived in Northern Illinois for 29 years. Way too long for this vegetarian! Thankfully, we're only 90 miles from Madison,WI.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Spinning Fun

Thanks to all the well wishes for myself and my family. In 35 years, I have lived only 1 of those without a dog in my life. Husband has a bet that I can't make it through the summer without rescuing another furry friend.

A couple of months ago I joined our local Freecycle group. It's a place to recycle items within a community in order to keep usable items out of our landfills. I posted a want ad last week for a spinning wheel. I figured there may be a chance someone had a wheel sitting around and wasn't using it. A day later I received a message from an individual that had acquired a wheel from his father but had never set it up. I went to pick it up on Saturday and this is how it all pieced together.



It needs alot of work to get it up and running. I don't think I'm up for restoring this one to it's original beauty but it sure was nice of this freecycler to give me a shot at piecing it together. I'm headed up to a fiber fair on Saturday to hopefully gain more knowledge on wheels and spinning. You can never have too many hobbies, right?

1 Comments:

Blogger Yarn Tails said...

That is a beauty. Very nice! Spinning is very addicting. I should know! I got addicted very fast like! I just wish I had more hours in the day to enjoy it.

9:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home