How did we end up here? We've lived in Northern Illinois for 29 years. Way too long for this vegetarian! Thankfully, we're only 90 miles from Madison,WI.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A sad day

It's a bit sad in our house today as our sweet basset passed away early this morning. He fell ill about a month ago and all tests showed liver failure. He was such an active dog so it was hard to see him get so sick. He was always under foot to go for a walk or a car ride. He'd be right by you when you sat down for a quick pet behind those long floppy ears.



We'll miss you.

7 Comments:

Blogger Katherine said...

Oh Anna, I'm sorry. Hugs to you and the family... losing a pet is so hard.

12:40 PM

 
Blogger Christine said...

Dear Anna, such sad news. I am very sorry for your loss.

2:45 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anna,

I'm so sorry!! Having lost a pet before, I know how badly it sucks!!

6:51 PM

 
Blogger Heather said...

Omg, Anna, I am so sorry! He was such an awesome dog. Big hugs to you and the boys...my heart breaks for you all.

7:52 AM

 
Blogger SwissKnits! said...

Anna and Family... I'm so sorry for your loss.
Hugs,
Michelle

6:44 PM

 
Blogger Yarn Tails said...

I am so sorry. Hugs!

7:02 AM

 
Blogger knithound brooklyn said...

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. He looks like a very handsome and sweet boy in the photo.

5:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home