How did we end up here? We've lived in Northern Illinois for 29 years. Way too long for this vegetarian! Thankfully, we're only 90 miles from Madison,WI.

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

What's up Wednesday

Well, it's been so long since I've been over here I'm not sure where to start.

I celebrated my first year of business over on Etsy. I can't believe I've sold over 1000 little bags this past year. Thanks to all my customers for making my first year such a fantastic experience.

On the medical front, after getting a second opinion and spending over 5 months going to countless different doctor's in various specialties I've decided to have surgery next week. I'm not looking forward to the recovery of 6-8 weeks but if it relieves my pain it will be worth all the "down time".

On the knitting front, I have so many works in progress I'm sure not to get bored during my recovery.
I started working on a second Tomato this week. I'm using the new Comfy yarn from Knit Picks. It's shedding like crazy and it feels like it has much more acrylic in it than the label states but it's knitting up fast.(Here's a view of the back.)



I recently "swapped" goods with local Etsyian, Carolyn of Stitch Candy, for some cute stitch markers and put them to use making some slippers.


My Orange Gable is on hold as I tried it on over the weekend and I need another 5 inches of stockinette before I add the bottom ribbing. This kind of boring knitting is what I need to fill the hospital recovery time so I'm packing it with me next week.


I modified the fit of this pattern quite a bit to be loose fitting. I wanted to wear it soon and I'm not going to be wearing any tight fitting clothing any time this summer so loose and comfy is fine with me. I'm not sure what I'm going to do to the front lace panel curl. Is it going to bug me enough that I won't want to wear it?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anna, good luck with the surgery! I'm envious of all your knitting progress. It all looks great!

12:30 PM

 
Blogger Darcie said...

Hope the surgery goes well and the recovery is speedy.
As the proud owner of 2 of those thousand bags I know why you have sold so many. They are the perfect size to tote along a sock and look adorable. Completely eye catching fabrics!

11:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home