How did we end up here? We've lived in Northern Illinois for 29 years. Way too long for this vegetarian! Thankfully, we're only 90 miles from Madison,WI.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

It looked simple enough.

I was surfing the blogs after I finished the Olympic hat and came across Behind the Times KAL. I viewed numerous Clapotis that were beautiful. I went out shopping for inexpensive yarns that would become my next project. I wanted something that would be variegated as these seemed to really look good in this pattern. I purchased the following:
My 4 year old picked it out for Gramma cause she loves purple. Right by this color was Caron Simply Soft in yummy summer colors for $3 per 12 oz. skein. Cool, I decided to "practice" this pattern with "Papaya" Simply Soft yarn first. I'm about halfway through the Clapotis and I hate it. Maybe I hate it because I got used to fast, simple, hat projects. This pattern seems to go nowhere. I guess I didn't contemplate how long 359 rows would take me. I'm going to try to give it until I run out of yarn to see if it may look better the further along I continue.

Maybe the crochet hooks will surface for Gramma's wrap/shawl as I would like to complete her project by the time she visits for Easter.

1 Comments:

Blogger Katherine said...

Yeah, the going-nowhere feeling on the clapotis was just too awful to contemplate. I couldn't let mine live.

10:40 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home