How did we end up here? We've lived in Northern Illinois for 29 years. Way too long for this vegetarian! Thankfully, we're only 90 miles from Madison,WI.

Monday, March 06, 2006

Cold feet?

Yes, I experienced a severe case of cold feet yesterday. No, not about getting married. This was over getting another dog. My husband came across a sweet looking dog listed on the internet at a rescue not too far away. We set up a meet and greet, without our resident mutt in tow, and everyone loved him. Well, everyone but me. I had lots of reservations; he's only 9 months old, he's so big(60 pounds), he's not very socialized and pretty scared of basically everything, he probably doesn't have very good house manners as he's lived inside a garage for the past 3 months. There was my weakness. Whenever I feel like I could provide a better home life I'm a sucker for homeless animals. This poor guy was in desperate need of a warm bed, a bath, and lots of love. Ok, I could do this. If my other housemates were ready I could be too. I outfitted my living room with an XL crate, bought new food bowls, toys, chew bones, puppy chow, even a snazzy black collar. When I woke this morning my husband agreed with my my previous reservations and suggested strongly against the new pet. So, I called the foster mom this morning and told her I wasn't ready for another dog and I could hear the disappointment in her voice. She really wants this guy to find a good home and she could tell she almost had one for this sweet boy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Awww, he really does have a sweet face! Good for you guys for doing what's best for everybody, though. Once you've got a pet, it's really hard to un-get them...just ask my fish.

4:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home