How did we end up here? We've lived in Northern Illinois for 29 years. Way too long for this vegetarian! Thankfully, we're only 90 miles from Madison,WI.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

First socks finally finished

I know it's a little hard to believe but I finished another project.
What: My first try at knitting socks.
Pattern: Online SockClass tutorial.
Needles: Size 2,Inox,8",aluminum double points.
Yarn: Reynolds Swizzle superwash sock yarn in a color the 4 year old picked out. 1 skein with lots to spare.
It took how long?: At least a month.
Modifications: I decreased the suggested cuff length of 8 inches to 6 inches. I increased the suggested foot length of 7 inches to 8 inches. I didn't have any problems following along with the tutorial. For me that's amazing because I always encounter at least two WTF moments when reading a pattern.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great looking socks. When do I get a pair.

Love,

Your DH

2:02 PM

 
Blogger Emma said...

I just recently finished my first pair of socks. Isn't it the best feeling?

11:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home