How did we end up here? We've lived in Northern Illinois for 29 years. Way too long for this vegetarian! Thankfully, we're only 90 miles from Madison,WI.

Friday, March 10, 2006

This week flew by.

I haven't made much progress this week on the work's in progress. Knitting my first sock has been pretty boring. I cast on the sock almost a week ago following a pattern through an online knit-a-long for the first time sock knitter. It's been very helpful for me, the visual learner that I have become. I am knitting the gusset. For me this is a longer process (about an inch longer)than the "average" woman. I always thought it would be boring to be just average anyway.
I tried on the Picovoli yesterday and was very excited to find that it fits perfectly so far. I'm just below the boobs so I have about 6 inches(and 2 skeins) until the end.

I haven't made any progress on the Clapotis and while rummaging through my stash I came across a crochet project I never finished from about a year ago. This brings the UFO total to 4. Call me crazy but I'm thinking of casting on a shawl/poncho this weekend. Easter will be here in 5 weeks and I really wanted to have it done to give to my Mom. So in order to get it done I first have to pick a pattern, then work on it consistently so it doesn't become another UFO to tally.
Have a great weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Katherine said...

The picovoli looks great. I also envy your sock capability. Well done.

12:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home