How did we end up here? We've lived in Northern Illinois for 29 years. Way too long for this vegetarian! Thankfully, we're only 90 miles from Madison,WI.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Just freaking quit

Ahh the kids' birthdays are over, now the lists for Christmas wishes begin. I asked my husband if he could ship me off to a deserted island until December 26th but this just isn't going to happen.
I seem to have no trouble starting things but a heck of a time quitting them or finishing them up. This freaking dog is a huge source of stress in this house. He's a great dog if you like a 50 pound mutt on top of you and following you wherever you go. Yeah, I have 2 children who already do this so adding this dog on top of them pushes me over the edge most days. The freaking barking! The dog barks to hear himself. He's a pitiful watchdog and never lets me know when a complete stranger is IN my house. I have sat down to write the email asking for the rescue group to take him back and the eldest son breaks down in tears and I end up saying to myself , "let's see how it goes for just one more week." This has taken place since we lost our old dog over a year ago. Yep, for a year I've been wanting to place this mutt with another family and just can't seem to close the deal so to speak.
I went in to work today to finally quit my job. Somehow they always talk me into just 2 more weeks. I started this quiting process back in January. I just freaking hate to quit anything I start apparently since I'm on the schedule for the next 2 weeks. Oh well more Christmas spending money I suppose.

Knitting items this past week:
I started working on 2 squares for the WarmUpAmerica charity.




I ripped out the hat from last week and created a hat with lots of cables running up and down. I'm not sure I like it any better but this is what I'm sticking with. I'm searching for a reversible scarf pattern to pair up with this hat for a gift set. I'm not a big animal fiber person but this Andean silk from Knitpicks works up into a very soft knitted fabric.



Go Bears!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

quit! quit! quit!
You already have enough to do.

DH

1:11 PM

 
Blogger Katherine said...

Winners never quit and quitters never win. What would have happened last night if the Bears had quit in the third quarter? They'd be 5-1 instead of 6-0 (six and oh!).

Okay, that said, I'm all for quitting some projects that just drive you nuts. And yes, sometimes dogs can be considered projects.

10:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home