How did we end up here? We've lived in Northern Illinois for 29 years. Way too long for this vegetarian! Thankfully, we're only 90 miles from Madison,WI.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The countdown begins.

Last week my parents stopped by for a chat. Their twice a year visit meant I was kept on the go from when they arrived until they departed. All the days pretty much ran together but one of the days we headed up to Schaumburg for a visit to Ikea and "the" mall. I have four boxes in my hallway upstairs containing a dresser and a wardrobe that are destined for the kid's room. It's the putting together part I need to get to.

Over in the mall I came across a wonderful store called Teavana. The day I stopped in they had 13 varieties of hot teas to sample. They had teapots covering their walls and over 100 varieties of tea you could buy or have them brew right in front of you. Thank goodness this place is not nearby I would be there everyday.
I worked on my son's christmas stocking over the weekend. He's watching very carefully to make sure there is plenty of room in there for Christmas goodies.



Last night I tried out four different cuffs for the top before finally giving up for the night. After trying a stockinette, a ribbing, a seed stitch, and a cable I think I'm going with a combination of stockinette and ribbing somehow. Stay tuned to see how it turns out...
(39 days until Christmas)

1 Comments:

Blogger Katherine said...

Thirty-nine?? Oh my god.

The stocking looks good -- can't wait to see what you come up with for the cuff!

9:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home