How did we end up here? We've lived in Northern Illinois for 29 years. Way too long for this vegetarian! Thankfully, we're only 90 miles from Madison,WI.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Field trip

On Saturday we headed to Chicago for the Renegade Craft Fair.


I had all 3 men in my family with me and I couldn't believe how well behaved they were. It was really crowded and overpriced on most items but I gathered tons of ideas. My husband talked me out of an Obama in 2008 t-shirt but he doesn't know about cafepress.com. My husband even picked up Christmas gifts for his sister and niece.

Next, I drug them to a store called cereality. They couldn't complain about the vegetarian menu because all they offer is cereal. I had a mix of granola, cornflakes, apples and dried cranberries topped with soy milk. It was fantastic and filling.

Next stop, State Street. To say it was crowded is an understatement. It was a bit odd to see the Macy's signs between the decorations.

We only got close to a couple of Mary Poppins windows before heading over to Daley Paza to check out the Christkindlmarket.

It was very crowded and the parking meter was running low on time so we headed back home.
Later Saturday night we went to a local stage production of The Christmas Carol. The kid's enjoyed seeing one of their fellow home schoolers acting on stage.
Sunday, we completed decorating our abode. The stockings are hung on the mantle. The CD player is loaded up with carols galore. The tree is decorated with lights, ornaments and dropping more needles than retaining them. The Christmas train encircling the tree is causing even more noise pollution in this already noisy house. Ahh the spirit of Christmas.

1 Comments:

Blogger Katherine said...

Okay, Cereality? We have to make this a field trip.

9:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home