How did we end up here? We've lived in Northern Illinois for 29 years. Way too long for this vegetarian! Thankfully, we're only 90 miles from Madison,WI.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

St. Nicholas Day

Happy St. Nick's Day!

Wow time flies at the end of the year. Just 19 days until Christmas. I'm not working on any knitted Christmas gifts this year and that was a great decision. I finished a pair of slipper socks for the youngest last week and he loves them.
I topped the stocking top with a stockinette/seed stitch trim in a natural color. I've tried to put his name on it several times but he's being extremely picky about just how it should look.
My cabled poncho is poking along. I have had a heck of a time figuring out exactly how I want the collar to be. It seems to take me longer to rip back my "experiments" than it does to knit off a pattern.
I've been busy trying to keep the kid's on task with their school work. There's so many fun projects this time of year. Math, spanish, history, language arts and geography just seem so boring. It's been lots of fun having them both home this year to pick what crafts we should work on. Tomorrow we're going to attempt to build a gingerbread train. We mixed up the dough tonight-11 cups of flour!!
We had lots of snow last week which made our first sledding adventure a blast. It's so nice to go to the sledding hill during the school day and have the whole hill to ourselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home