How did we end up here? We've lived in Northern Illinois for 29 years. Way too long for this vegetarian! Thankfully, we're only 90 miles from Madison,WI.

Monday, April 09, 2007

My niece will be "3" in a couple of weeks. My first instinct was to cover this girl in hand knits. A nice pink sweater or cardigan perhaps? That would be pretty boring for her though so I knit up a couple of puppets. One for her and one for Mom or Dad.


My boys love them and have put in their request for more.

The second Jaywalker is complete. This was one of those small quick projects I felt would never be finished.

I like the idea of a portable project but with my huge foot it seems to take a lot more yarn than the average female knitter.
For some reason I can't seem to get Wendy's toe up pattern to work for me. I've used short rows in other projects but when I try it on sock toes it doesn't end up looking right. This weekend I came across a Cookie A. toe up lace pattern that uses a figure 8 cast on. I tried it out today and was able to complete the toe portion in about 15 minutes. Not bad for my dyslexic pattern reading skills.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home