How did we end up here? We've lived in Northern Illinois for 29 years. Way too long for this vegetarian! Thankfully, we're only 90 miles from Madison,WI.

Saturday, August 25, 2007

A bit soggy.

You know you're getting old when the weather is the first thing you write about in your blog. I've seen enough rain in the past two weeks to last me a while. Thankfully our basement is a concrete floor and water "seeped" not flowed into it. We were also lucky we didn't have any downed trees in this storm. Now if it could please stop raining so we can enjoy the last week of the summer by the pool.

In knitting news:
I finished up my Fifi sweater a couple of weeks ago.



I used Lion Brand Cotton Ease in Taupe. It took about 3.5 skeins to make my Fifi. I made the 33.5" size and used size 7 bamboo circular needles. The only modification from the written pattern was adding about six inches onto the length. I love top down/no seaming patterns. I didn't realize how much I liked it until I picked up another UFO this past week.

My Central Park hoodie was a seaming nightmare but I finished it up this week.



You can't really tell just how small it is until I turn around.



I made the 36" size and used size 8 bamboo circular needles. I used about 5.5 skeins of Kraemer Yarns Tatamy Tweed Worsted(a cotton/acrylic yarn) in Sea Blue. This yarn may have been easier to knit with different needles as my bamboo needles split this yarn very easily and this made it extremely frustrating to work with. I worked five button holes on one side but I'm not sure I'll bother sewing on buttons.


I'm off to swatch and cast on for two more sweaters.

2 Comments:

Blogger Katherine said...

I love your Fifi! It looks great on you, and so does the CPH, shortness notwithstanding. Can you bring it to SnB tomorrow?

10:51 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Fifi and the Central Park Hoodie look fantastic. I have the Fifi pattern, but just haven't gotten to it yet.

And I don't just like my cats bag - I love it!!!

9:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home