How did we end up here? We've lived in Northern Illinois for 29 years. Way too long for this vegetarian! Thankfully, we're only 90 miles from Madison,WI.

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Yarn Sale!!

That's what was in the subject line of an email I received from a fellow knitter. So I went on a bit of a road trip today to check it out. Hey with a sign like this what's not to like...



I went looking for yarn to make my husband a sweater. He's always complaining that I never make him anything. The problem is I was limited to black and grey. That's not much fun. They carried the yarn he wanted me to use,allhemp6. I think if I was to knit up a 42" sweater in this stuff my hands would be torn up from how miserable it feels. Think bailing twine and that's about how bad it feels. Despite several mentions in blogland about how it washes up much softer I still couldn't bring myself to buy a sweater's worth of this stuff. And it was going to cost about $90. So I ended up with this...



It's Rowan Cashsoft 4 ply. It's a merino,microfiber,cashmere blend that's still machine washable and really soft. And it only cost $50 which he still thinks is outrageous price but once I knit it up I'm sure he'll love the feel of it. And the color of the fair isle work. Yep, you guessed it-BLACK!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does color really make it more or less fun? :S

12:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home