How did we end up here? We've lived in Northern Illinois for 29 years. Way too long for this vegetarian! Thankfully, we're only 90 miles from Madison,WI.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My Lagoon

Also known as the big black hole, the money pit, or the reflecting pond. As much as my husband says he LOVES this "swimming pool" after 8 years of cleaning and endless maintenance time and costs I can't find anything to LOVE about this darned thing.



May 1st is this Saturday which means it's time to start preparing for what I hope is a sunny and hot summer season filled with endless days by the crystal clear swimming hole.

(As hard as I try to stay positive about the big hole in the ground, sometimes I can't help but daydream what a fantastic garden plot this space would be if I could get a few truckloads of dirt to fill in this pit.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for putting up with me and my lagoon. You're the best! Without you the kids and I would have a hot, DRY, summer. Love you!

12:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home