How did we end up here? We've lived in Northern Illinois for 29 years. Way too long for this vegetarian! Thankfully, we're only 90 miles from Madison,WI.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Ahoy Mate




I headed out to Chicago today to check out the tall ships. I got plenty of knit time on the hour and a half train ride in due to "heavy freight train congestion" according to the automated message on the train. We boarded the water taxi on the Chicago river which turned out to be a great way to see most of the ships.


We strolled along Navy pier to see other tall ships and stopped to let the work in progress admire the Barque Picton Castle.



Next year we plan to attend the Parade of Sail as the ships enter Chicago. We'll also board all the ships when they dock. I picked up a neat book I want to use as a unit study on all things tall ship related. I read through it on the train ride home and am already excited about the next time they sail into town.

2 Comments:

Blogger gwen said...

Hi Anna, Just happened to randomly check out your blog. Have to say you take beautiful pictures! You really are talented at it. :)

Looks like you had a wonderful time. I hope to take the train to Chicago sometime. (either from Syracuse or Rochester NY) Never been there yet.

Well, just saying hi. Take care. :)

8:05 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey one of my blog buddies went in on Sunday and seen the tall ships. Those are some great pics. I am hoping next year I will get up that way to check them out in person.

10:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home