How did we end up here? We've lived in Northern Illinois for 29 years. Way too long for this vegetarian! Thankfully, we're only 90 miles from Madison,WI.

Friday, April 27, 2007

Spring, Where are you?

I started the Rusted Root shirt over the weekend. I picked up some Lion Brand Cotton Ease Friday. It's half the price of Brown Sheep Cotton fleece so I thought I'd give it a try. The yarn calls for US size 8 needles, the pattern calls for US size 6 needles, and I got gauge with 5. We'll see how this turns out.
Here's what it looks like this morning...



I have about four more inches left to knit for the body then on to all the finishing ribbing on the neck, sleeves, and bottom. I went with the medium size as I plan on wearing it over a tank/cami.

My husband has been wondering what the heck I have been working on with a 2' X 4' piece of homosote board from the hardware store.





Now he thinks we're ready for a picnic on the floor but really it's a blocking board. Simple things like this make me smile. It took me a couple of stores before I found the right fabric with a 1" square. For about $10 in materials I finally have a dedicated board to block my knitted items.

There's a little podcast called Lime & Violet. They're hosting a sleepover the weekend of June 16th in Omaha. I mapquested it last night, about 6 hours from here. So I was thinking....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the blocking board. You're pretty clever.

8:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home