How did we end up here? We've lived in Northern Illinois for 29 years. Way too long for this vegetarian! Thankfully, we're only 90 miles from Madison,WI.

Friday, August 31, 2007

Fiberful Friday

Today is my last day of my family free vacation so I headed to the yarn store to do some shopping. I went in looking for a birthday gift for my eldest turning 11 in about a month.
He is going to love this stuff:

It's Malabrigo in the Verdes(203) colorway. I'm hoping to persuade him to make "my so called scarf" with it but he's free to knit whatever he likes with it. The hard part is keeping him from finding it until October.
I've been wanting some blue worsted yarn for a shawl and this was calling me...

It's Malabrigo in the Buscando azul(186) colorway. I can't wait to see how it knits up.

Do you like sock yarn? KnittingHawkeye's Etsy shop is running the Cuaran Sock Club from October '07-June '08. Each shipment will be sent out every other month for a total of 5 skeins of yarn and 5 patterns plus lots of extras. I'm sewing up some sock bags for her club members and the fabric she chose arrived today. She included a skein of MacKintosh Yarn in the Ginny colorway. It's a superwash merino/bamboo/nylon blend and it's beautiful!


Thank you KnittingHawkeye! I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Katherine said...

Beautiful yarn! I love the Verdes. Heck, I love anything that Malabrigo puts out.

Congrats on getting your sock bags out into the world!

10:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home