How did we end up here? We've lived in Northern Illinois for 29 years. Way too long for this vegetarian! Thankfully, we're only 90 miles from Madison,WI.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Wednesday Work

Come on, I can't call knitting work. It's too much fun to be work. Here's what I had on the needles until I cast off last night.



I've had fetching on my to do list for a year and I finally came across a yarn that wanted to be knit up as these fingerless mitts. The yarn I chose was Malabrigo in the autumn forest(224) colorway. My LYS conveniently carries this yarn and I picked up a skein last week.

I've made a couple of different fingerless mitts in the past year but this pattern is my favorite so far. I'm not sure why the cable cast on for my right mitt looks wonky but it's sure to be operator error not the pattern's fault.
For the previous mitt patterns the thumb opening involved placing a certain number of stitches on waste yarn where your thumb hole would be and picking up stitches later around the thumb opening. In this pattern you use waste yarn but continue to knit above it so when you're ready to work the thumb you place live stitches on two needles for the top and bottom of the thumb hole.





I want to send a HUGE HAPPY BIRTHDAY out to my Mom today!! We'll have to go out and celebrate this weekend when you're in town visiting.


So what are you working on for this first Wednesday of Autumn?

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Oh, those are gorgeous!! They must just feel like butter when you're wearing them, I'm sure. I lurves me some Malabrigo.

Speaking of Malabrigo, I've got the Hourglass Sweater on the needles, in Burgundy Malabrigo! YUMMY, lemme tell ya. Um, I've also got another half dozen or so projects otn right now, but that's besides the point. ;-)

2:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home