How did we end up here? We've lived in Northern Illinois for 29 years. Way too long for this vegetarian! Thankfully, we're only 90 miles from Madison,WI.

Saturday, November 03, 2007

A short getaway.

We were off on another "business" trip this past week to an Illinois location that is beautiful. It's a small town nestled in rolling hills of Northwest Illinois. From our "lodge" I could sit out on the balcony and see Lake Galena...



This picture is from one of our hikes overlooking the Mississippi River.

It was so nice to be surrounded with rolling hills and farms everywhere we looked. We came across an alpaca farm that the kids had to see up close. Being city kids they absolutely loved being able to see them up close.

Downtown Galena is known for it's kitschy shops. If you love antiques and one of a kind items it's the place to go. Of course I checked out the local yarn store.

The owners,Sean and Amy were there and were so friendly I had to find something to buy. I ended up with Lornas Laces Shepherd Sport that may become a Chevron Scarf.


I could get used to tagging along wherever my husband's conferences may take him. I don't think the kids would mind too much either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home