How did we end up here? We've lived in Northern Illinois for 29 years. Way too long for this vegetarian! Thankfully, we're only 90 miles from Madison,WI.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

My little escape

Saturday was a beautiful day to escape our hometown here in corn country.

We made the trek 2 hours north to Madison to visit their farmer's market. It was wonderful! Tons of yummy homemade goodies. I even came across a farm selling organic homegrown/handspun yarn. Very cool.
I kind of forgot that Madison is home to a Big Ten University and their football team was playing a home game. Dodging thousands of drunk college kids wasn't much fun but we moved to the other side of town so I could take my family to my favorite diner. My husband ordered a huge plate of meatloaf and mashed potatoes and I ordered a vegan rueban sandwich. It was a beautiful thing.
Then I headed back home across the state line and my little Prius was surrounded by huge gas guzzling Hummers and Suburbans. We even witnessed a woman throwing trash out her car window onto the ground after exiting the Starbucks drive thru. Yep we must be back home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home